Tuesday 28 August 2012

In Which I Rage Against the Obscene

On occasion there will be days where nothing of note happens to me. I was asked by J today what tomorrow's blog would be about, and I told her than I had no idea at all, and that it depended what happened/didn't happen to me, such is the nature of an autobiographical blog. I had to prepare for the possibility that there would be days when I would need some filler, and it's just as well I did because NOTHING HAPPENED YESTERDAY. So.

This bloody series of Go Compare adverts that they've foisted on us for years when the first one wasn't even funny where they have some pachyderm in a shit suit with the fakest of 'tasches miming to some pre recorded soundtrack of faux opera that fucking IDIOTS in public of the stupidest calibre will sing to you in the most inapplicable situations just in case you didn't catch it the first seventeen thousand times it was on the idiot box, those adverts. Well, they're a nightmare aren't they. What Go Compare have now done is have that fat prick starting to sing and then Sue Barker blow him up in one ad and have Stuart Pearce boot a ball at his balls in the other. After you get to see Barker's "I'm so happy I've done the world a favour" and Stuart Pearce's "I look unusually smug" faces, after you've seen those, the slogan for the advert comes up and it says "Go Compare- saving the nation". You see what they did there? They're saving the nation money, because they're such good value, and also! Also. They're saving us from the monstrosity of having that singing arsehole. Actually, that's unfair to a singing arsehole. I'd be more likely to use a comparison website if a singing arsehole implored me to compare prices on it. Anyway, isn't it nice of Go Compare to come to the nation's rescue by having celebrities mock hurt the fucker THAT THEY INFLICTED ON US IN THE FIRST PLACE! It is just about the oddest P.R stance ever. The equivalent would be like the Nazis expecting the Jews et al to welcome them with open arms as they disassembled the concentration camps.

"Don't worry, we're saving you!"
"But wasn't it you that-"
"No. Don't worry, you won't be seeing those evil Nazis again."
"I'm pretty sure it was you who put us in h-"
"No, no, no, you must be mistaken. We're the good guys! Can't you tell by Sue Barker and Stuart Pearce turning up to help?"
"What?"
"Nothing..."

So yeah. And whilst we're at it, what the HELL does a meerkat have to do with car insurance? And meerkats are South African, not Russian. Comparison website ads are micturating bags of vom worthy bum fluff. Grrrrr.

Today's Tune  

No comments:

Post a Comment