Wednesday 19 September 2012

In Which I Get a Nosebleed from a Great Social Height

Some days ago, I let slip that I would be destroying my liver for a couple of days with C, by means of making use of every happy hour possible in all of Soho's cocktail bars. Having just about managed to roughly plan one of the days, I started weeping blood and decided it was perhaps best if I lay off the logistics for a bit. Yesterday I received a letter from one of these places that I had quite forgotten about. Somewhere in the period where all-the-distances-to-get-from-bar-to-bar-and-in-which-order-bearing-in-mind-happy-hours began to blur together into a world of whizzing numbers (not dissimilar to The Matrix), I may have clicked on something on a website. As a result, I am now a card carrying member of BitterSweet Cocktail Bar and Member's Club, which will most likely be a port of call during the crawl. However, I might well have to revise the plan of dressing up like an idiot from the 80's as this particular establishment might look down on that sort of thing. I've come across this problem before, in the form of Lord's Cricket Ground,where fancy dress is strictly forbidden.  


Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the players about the ban.

I shall have to wait for BitterSweet to open and the website to go online for proper to see if the terms and conditions cover such matters. Incidentally, that's the reason they accepted my membership application- they open in five days, and they'll let anyone who can spell join beforehand in an effort to drum up business in a competitive market. I know that I've felt that these Elitist Places that you can't get into because they're so snobby and you don't have a credit card sized permission slip are the height of vulgarity, but it's different now I can get in one of them.  I plan to waltz into BitterSweet with C, who I've told to get membership (I would find it hilarious if she was rejected) and then live in there, boasting to whoever would listen that I am high up on the social ladder. Or I might just quaff the free Champagne they've offered me and never go there again.

Today's Tune

No comments:

Post a Comment